Franklin Street #chicago
my happy desk at work! a few things about this image:
1. the framed drawing is an illustration by the amazing jana
2. i’ve never watered that plant
3. that shot glass is from qatar. a soldier in the military sent me a bunch of neat things after i sent her a CAH care package
4. that ruler with all my pencils says “GREAT WOMEN RULERS OF SCIENCE” and lists a slew of cool lady scientists
5. i did not write “jenn is perfect” heart (trin did)
6. you can see a copy of lumberjanes on trin’s desk
trinandtonic asked: jenn who is your favorite: 1) coworker 2) friend whose name begins with T and has one syllable 3) hotel buddy 4) person to take tequila shots with 5) every answer needs to be me, please
tyrannosaurpaddock asked: What books have you read this year?
this isn’t a complete list because i’m doing it off the top of my head! but here it is:
- the girl with the dragon tattoo series by stieg larsson (salander is the coolest. and i picture blomkvist as daniel craig, because of the movie, so i am super into THAT. unf)
- the other typist by suzanne rindell (it was eh, ok! the prose was very pretty)
- sisterland by curtis sittenfeld (sittenfeld is my favorite author. i actually think this book is her weakest, but i still enjoyed it)
- gone girl by gillian flynn (OH MAN, super freaking good)
- sharp objects by gillian flynn (another good read, but holy shit it was dark. this book needs to come with a trigger warning)
- the fault in our stars by john green (i cried. really loved the realistic portrayal of cancer patients. thought the love story was waaay overhyped)
- this is where i leave you by jonathan tropper (pretty good! some mixed feelings but overall enjoyable … there’s a movie of it coming out soon)
- one last thing before i go by jonathan tropper (SO GOOD! it made me laugh outloud more than once)
- let’s explore diabetes with owls by david sedaris (predictably excellent)
+ a bunch of comics i can’t remember!
i didn’t read anything too heavy, as you can see. i’ll dive into heavier stuff later. for now, i’m going easy on myself!
i think i’m going to read the goldfinch by donna tart next.